sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Silence, sweet silence.

I love my kids. I chose to be home with them when lay-offs happened at my job waaaay back in March 2011. God, March 2011? Can it really be almost 2 years already? And, wow, what we've packed into those 2 years!

Anyway. I love my kids. But sometimes, a moment happens when one or both are asleep. Or one's asleep and the other is mesmerized by a toy or book or Elmo. And it is quiet. I quite enjoy the quiet.

We're having one of those moments right now.

Aside from sleep, moments of stillness are what I miss most from my pre-Mommy days.

Course, I didn't have raucous laughter, joyful giggles, made up sing-songs or the pitter-patter (more accurately thunder and lightening) of kids playing.

The quiet I miss could never replace the joy that fills my heart when I hear my kids playing and laughing or One Philly Daddy reading stories. And a few years from now, when they've moved on to another stage of life, I expect I'll yearn for the noise and laughter and mess and chaos with an ache in my heart.

But right now, for these 5 minutes, I'm enjoying the peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment