sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Monday, February 4, 2013

A life well lived

The single most positive influence in my life passed this weekend.

We don't share a family bond so it's hard to explain what he meant to me and my family.

He's always just been "Robert." And that was everything.

I shed a lot of tears the past few days.

Tears for my sorrow, that I'll no longer be able to touch, hear, or see him.

Tears of love and relief, that his 95 year old body can rest.

Tears of joy and gratitude, that his presence in my life showed me honesty, love, truth.

Tears of amazement, at the enormity of his life, all that he accomplished, and all those he loved.

I am honored and blessed to have known this man, and hope to make my life a fitting tribute to the gifts he bestowed.

Thank you, Robert, rest in peace.












No comments:

Post a Comment