sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Monday, August 29, 2011

24 hours and counting...

24 hours from now One Philly Daddy and I will be getting an ultrasound of One Philly Baby, expected in January 2012.

The closer we get the more nervous I get. Luckily, this is not a surprise. I can tend toward worrying and spend a lot of time pre-event anticipating various outcomes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the prospect of identifying the gender of our little one and seeing him/her for the last time before we meet in person, but I'm most looking forward to the "everything looks healthy" announcement. I know I have done nothing "wrong" but know I would probably feel responsible if anything were wrong.

The truth is, One Philly Daddy, myself and One Philly Son will love, adore and nuture this new baby no matter what, and he/she will be welcomed with joy and love regardless of the details. So I should probably move from the anxiety camp straight to the excited camp. Because, regardless of what we hear tomorrow, we'll know more than we do today and we'll be another step closer to getting to know and learn about the newest member of our family.

Names, colors, outfits, hopes, dreams and wishes will take on a more precise vision. Our new baby will become a more defined part of our family with every milestone, regardless of the details. The strength, love, and dedication we bring to this family is irrevelant to gender or possible problems.

So I'm going to stop fretting about the details and just look forward to learning more about New Philly Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment