sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

To keep or not...

My critical "do I need this or can it go?" eye settled on top of my medicine cabinet.

I saw medicine, a candle and two glass bud vases.

The medicine was taken care of when I cleaned out the inside of the cabinet (half empty bandaid boxes, expired antibiotics - all gone) and made room inside the cabinet for Children's Triaminic and Benadryl. The 3/4 burnt candles went in the trash.

The vases are a harder decision.

They are probably easily found at a craft store and I certainly don't have fresh cut buds on a regular enough basis to warrant "needing" them.

But they were One Philly Daddy and my place settings at a friend's wedding. We attended the wedding early in our courtship, and since I've left the tags on, I know we sat at table 11. I remember there was a single Gerber daisy in each one at the wedding.

We had many mutual friends when we started dating, and this wedding was one of our earliest "coming out" events. I was nervous about the reaction we would get, but we were happily received and supported as a couple.

These vases have been with us through a long distance relationship, my relocating and our first home together, our wedding, the home we purchased and now live in, the starting of our family.

I know many home organizers would recommend ditching the vases, maybe keeping the tags for my sentimental reasons.

Still, I expect the vases will make the cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment