sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Monday, July 25, 2011

If you've been to my house since May you may not be surprised to hear I haven't been doing much cleaning, organizing, cooking, etc. Yes, it's the first trimester, I've been happy that we're all mostly clean and clothed.

There's also the sense of being overwhelmed. The longer something is let go, typically the messier it gets. (hey, that works literally and metaphorically! Neat!)

So, certainly, part of my inaction is simply due to the "oh, crap, where do I start?" stuff.

But, I've realized there's another piece to it. We've got to make room for a whole new person!

The One Philly Family lives in a modest twin with enough workable space. Yeah, we could easily make the argument for the "need" for more space, but philosophically I believe less is more, that I'd rather have plenty of financial breathing room, and following my heart/gut. We recently seriously considered putting an offer in on a house we love, love, love and expected to be our forever and ever house. But it's not time. For a multitude of reasons.

So I'm looking at my home through a more critical eye. Half empty, 10 year old hair gel that I've probably moved 3 times needs to go! Books I bought in an airport for a mindless beach read need to go! Clothes we don't love or that don't fit...out. Obsolete textbooks gotta go. You get the idea.

I'll happily get rid of material stuff I don't use for a peaceful home with enough room for everyone and financial security. And I've got about 6 months to make room...I think I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment