sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Friday, May 6, 2011

After yesterday's post, I hope you don't think I walk around telling myself how awful I am, cause I don't.

I can easily tell you I am strong, smart, capable, caring, nuturing, etc, etc, etc. I know I have many great qualities. In many ways, all my wildest dreams have come true, and I have a wonderful life as a result of my hard work and the choices I've made.

What I'm talking about are the far dark alleys of my mind where there's still some creepy guy asking "are you sure!?!" I've indulged that guy and his creepy questions because I thought ignoring those fears would leave me unprepared if and when those fears came true.

So now, I suppose the biggest difference is that I'll answer that guy "yeah, I'm sure. And, dude, don't you have something better to do?" instead of "well, gee I think so, but I don't know, I could be wrong, what do you think?"

It sounds like semantics, but the best way I can describe it is going from thinking something to believing it. Believing requires faith, without evidence, trusting without proof. And really, where was I going to find the proof I was seeking?

Nowhere. The faith will come from me, and the proof will be my life. Check back in 50 years or so...I'll show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment