sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

When I moved to be with One Philly Daddy, I left a town I loved. I had an immediate connection to the town, attended college there, returned there after a few years in Colorado.

I love the town One Philly Daddy and I live in, and have nothing against it, I was just leaving a town that felt so much like home. Many streets had stories, memories of friends, cutting class to eat Ritas Italian Ice in the park, long winding walks home from the neighborhood pub.

The town we live in now has a lot going for it. A train station to the city, lots of restaurants and bars in walking distance, a real town feel with plenty of community activities. But for a time I still missed my old town.

Lately though, this town feels like home. I don't know if it's simply time, or starting a family, or accumulating memories, but I am getting fabulously wonderful warm fuzzy feelings.

I know and love people here. I have taken miles of walks with my dogs, husband, son and friends over the years. I can see the school One Philly Son may go too. I look forward to building more and more of my life here.

It's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment