sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Monday, March 21, 2011

I think I just caught a glimpse of the side of me that terrifies my husband a bit.

It's just me, the dogs, cat, house and One Philly Son for the time being and I plan to take my time sorting out a good balance of housework, errands, educational field trips, play dates, down time and naps.

Today I changed and washed the sheets and they didn't feel grimy yet, so that was a victorious luxury in itself. The top sheet of the set I washed sat in the dryer too long ages ago and the thick hem at the top edge of the sheet has been a wrinkled mangled mess for years. It's bugged me for ages, but who has time to do anything about that?

Well, said sheets were done in the dryer while One Philly Son napped, so I did something crazy. I ironed that stupid hem!

Which is amazing since I haven't ironed, you know, clothes in months!

Part of me is really excited to not have that wrinkley hem any more and the other part of me is a little afraid of how happy that flat hem makes me!

Don't worry, there's still dust, and toys out in the livingroom. The list of things to fix or mend is long and (like everyone's) ever growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment