sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Sunday, October 3, 2010

It is recommended to wean a child off the bottle and to sippy cups at a year. Prolonged use of bottles can lead to cavities and tooth decay.

But One Philly Son, at a whopping 13 months, is still using his bottles, in addition to sippy cups. I mentioned this to a fellow Mommy recently and she said "you just have to put them away, get rid of them"

How wise, how simple!

And it occurred to me that this is probably good advice in many of life's situations. Of course we've all heard varying forms, but I guess I just needed to hear it one more time.

So today, One Philly Son and I took a trip to BsbiesRUs and bought 8 sippy cups, as well as a Gerber suction plate and utensil set, a pumpkin sweatshirt, and training toothpaste. Luckily Sesame Street (and some other) sippy cups were buy one get one half off. Also good was the gift cards we'd recieved for One Philly Son's birthday...

I've boxed what bottles are clean and rearranged the kitchen cabinets yet again. I remember arranging these cabinets when it was just One Philly Daddy and I. I remember packing up
frivolous things like our wine, margarita and pilsner glasses to make room for bottles. And someday soon I'll need to move something out to make room for something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment