sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Passing time....

The weather is turning decidedly Fall, which is a nice respite after a Summer of 95 degree days, phew!

The changing seasons are a great reminder of the passage of time, and time certainly flies once you have kids.

I just busted out the next size of baby clothes (which I don't think I can legitimately call "baby" clothes anymore. Toddler, little man, kid, not-yet-verbal-but-definitely-has-his-own-mind-person yes. "Baby" - no) and I can't help but think that just one year ago One Philly Son was barely holding up his own head.

Now he's crawling, nearly walking, feeding himself real food, chasing the dogs around the house and certainly becoming his own person.

Everyone says time goes too fast with kids, that you never have enough time, that they grow up so fast. And this is one in a long line of things that I agreed with and understood but also had no comprehension of until I actually lived through it.

I'm not being emotional or sentimental, but realistic and honest when I say that in "no" time at all One Philly Son will be headed to pre-school, school, middle school, and on and on and on.

The time that I have with this perfect little being is short, so short, and I intend to make the best of every minute we've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment