sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Adventures in working from home...

Since I work from home three days a week (lucky me!), One Philly Son is quite accustomed to laptops, files, papers and the like.

In fact, when I pull out my laptop in the morning, he squeals with delight. The changing colors of the start up process are just about the most amusing thing he's ever seen. Emails are also exciting, even though I know he wishes I'd just let him have it on the mouse and keyboard. But seeing as they are the property of my employer and not my personal equipment, I don't think that's going to happen (even though I'm sure they have an insurance policy for this kind of thing).

He also loves pulling pens out of my bag, which gives me visions (or nightmares) of Emergency Room visits with injured eyes, so I try to keep the pens out of reach.

But today, he discovered the small pocket holding my business cards. These small, perfect one-year-old-hand-sized pieces of thick paper were thrown, tossed, bent, folded, pulled and pushed in and out of my bag. Such joy!

Which of course means my business cards are now a pile of crumbled, but well loved, pieces of paper. Since there is a merger in process at work, I imagine these business cards will be soon obsolete, as we order all new supplies with our new and improved name.

I still think we got our money's worth out of my supply!

No comments:

Post a Comment