sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Real Simple - This month's Life Lesson

I am reading the new Real Simple and this month's Life Lesson is "10 ways to be closer to your Siblings"

My favorite are:

#6. B Gr8 Txt Friends
Since my brother is 10 years younger than I am, much of his communication was limited to "fine", "ok", and "hmmm" over the years. I've discovered we can have entire, lengthy, in depth conversations typed out in text messages. And so long as we're talking and I know what's going on with him, who cares that it's over text?

#3 Stop being the Family mole
Essentially - stop talking about each other with each other. My siblings and I that have committed to being honest with each other and saying TO each other what we used to say to the rest of the family have fabulous, honest relationships. Enough said on that one!

#2 Make a Cameo Appearance
Instead of just showing up for the stuff you have to show up for, show up for somehing really important to someone - the random work event or small family function (not weddings and funerals).

Siblings are those who know you best, and understand without words what you are talking about. They are the ones who came from where you are from. Love 'em or hate 'em, no one knows you like a sibling.

No comments:

Post a Comment