sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Friday, April 9, 2010

How long will I wait for acceptance of offer on house?

And a Happy Friday to you!

So One Philly Daddy and I have big plans tonight. We're headed to a Blue October concert (Approaching Normal, Foiled, Consent to Treatment for cd's) at TLA on South Street.

Even cooler, I found out totally by accident one of my favorite people in the world will be there as well. So its bound to be a very fun grown up night out.

And tomorrow, we'll be back in the city for a friend's birthday party.

Yesterday I traveled for a work meeting and didn't get home until 9:30 last night, well after my bed time. The night before that, we sat around drinking wine and talking with good friends until midnight.

So, I don't want to sound ungrateful for my full and happy social calendar, but I hope nothing happens on Sunday.

I am having a great time, and love getting out in the weather. But there's laundry, dishes and, oh yeah sleeping to catch up on.

And we're still waiting for the official acceptance of the offer we put in on the house. Who knows what's really going on, but word is that the husband wants more money, so the wife has to convince him or negotiate with him in someway so that the offer is accepted.

Which means we're probably not getting our house listed before the $8,000 tax credit expires on April 30. We're not eligible, but we thought it might be a nice incentive for whoever might buy our house.

Even after our offer is accepted, we have to go through the process of negotiating any necessary repairs with the seller.

So this could be a lengthy process.

In the end, I am fully confident that it will all work out, as it usually does. It appears our closings won't be happening mid-May which is great because I have a few large events at work at that time. So now my debate is whether or not to join a swim club and when to go "down the Shore."

So long as nothing happens on Sunday, I might have time to make a decision...Have a great and safe weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment