sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My little boy is growing up...

How fast a year goes in the life of a baby! And how quickly things do change!

Right now One Philly Daddy and I are sitting in bed watching One Philly Son fight off sleep with our baby monitor. One Philly Son is crying, shaking his head "no", and reaching out to pet his Fisher-Price Soothe & Glow Seahorse (which we love so much we have 2 of them...). The shaking his head "no" is new, the refusing to fall asleep because he's realizing that One Philly Mommy and One Philly Daddy are gone is new. So much is changing that he is, yet again, becoming a new boy.

I can't help but think about how much he has changed. He's got two teeth peaking out, he sits up on his own, gets frustrated if he can't reach what he wants and looks more and more like a little boy and less and less like a baby. He looks like his brain is starting to grasp the concept of crawling and its only a matter of time until his legs and arms catch up.

I remember when he couldn't hold up his head, reach out for his own pacifier. When he didn't eat cereal or fruit. When he couldn't look at me and recognize me.

Now, he's a whopping 7 months old, and is starting to be "over" nursing. He frequently refuses to nurse now, preferring a bottle so he can look around, stare at the dogs, watch Daddy.

I'm so excited for all the next stages. The first step. First word. First time at the beach. First birthday cake. I'll miss everything that he outgrows, but until he does, I'm gonna soak up every amazing little thing he does. Even when that's crying himself to sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment