sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Big plans

So, since we didn't get the other house, and are planning to stay in our current house for a few more years to save up a larger down payment,we've got big plans for house improvements and work we want to do.

A partial list :

Seed and weed the yard
Install a storm door on the back door
Install balusters on the open staircase to the attice (before One Philly Son starts walking)
Organize and store off season clothes in the attic
Clean the basement
New couches (don't tell One Philly Daddy...)

Etc, etc, etc....

So the list goes on and on, and there are times I get caught up and want to get it all done in one weekend. There are lots of things I'd like to purchase to make our house more organized. A toy box with a lid(so the dog stops eating my son's toys), bins for attic and basement storage, again, etc, etc, etc.

But of course the body, nor the wallet will tolerate trying to accomplish all of those goals in one weekend. So I'm forced to be patient, prioritize and plan. The risk is of course, that my zeal will run out long before I've accomplished all on my list, so I'm going to give the slow and steady approach a shot. I bet I'm more fun to be around in the process!

We are chipping away at the list, and the house and yard are looking better and better everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment