sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One CRANKY Philly Mommy!

Today is, unfortunately, one of those days when I'm ticked off even though nothing has gone wrong.

One Philly Son did have a huge blow out poopy diaper today, but otherwise was in a very playful and happy mood. He even took two fairly long naps.

I do have a marathon of a day tomorrow, due to an evening event at work, but everything seems to be in place and ready to go for the event. (Ok, I don't know what I'm wearing yet, and since there might not be anything clean and / or ironed, it might still be a pain in the neck. But, technically, I don't know that there's not something perfect to wear just waiting for me in the closet. So I can't really say that anything's "wrong." )

I've been more or less sticking to a plan to eat healthy, and One Philly Daddy is on a great healthy kick - eating right, working out (at least) once a day. But I'm stressed (for what, I'm not sure) so I'm fighting the urge to eat everything in the fridge.

We also started locking the kitty in the basement at night (with food, water and a newly cleaned litterbox), so we're all sleeping through the night again.

While I didn't get to clean this weekend due to my hand injury, the house is not in bad shape. Tonight we even did another two flower boxes for the front porch, put out stones in our back yard, and are keeping our fingers crossed that the seeds we planted this weekend, actually grow.

I'm working on plans to visit my sister and this weekend's weather is shaping up to be gorgeous, so hopefully we can visit Mermaid Lake, get some more yard work done, and fit in something fun....

So, I guess I just chalk it up to good old fashioned crackiness. It happens. Try as I might, I am not finding the positive or being grateful or any of that nonsense.

But, hey, tomorrow's another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment