sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sleep, interrupted

Oh, the challenges we had sleeping last night.

The cries for attention.

The whining to be cuddled.

Crying at 5 am to be fed.

Wanting to sleep in the bed with us.

All that was our PETS!

My 6 month old son, he can sleep through the night, but our 2 dogs and 1 cat can't - geez!

So I started the day a bit cranky, even though One Philly Daddy (who also slept poorly) happened to be in a great mood. Despite the lousy sleep, he drug himself out of bed to workout. So I followed suit, and I gotta say, I do feel better!

Isn't it amazing #1 how simple the healthy things are (sleep enough, don't eat too much, excercise...) and #2 how easy it is to let them fall aside when we're tired or busy or cranky.

I KNOW working out puts me in a better mood. Yet, when I'm in a bad mood, I don't want to work out. Sometimes its as simple as going through the motions (trust me, my heart was NOT in my workout this morning) is enough to get me back on track.

Well, here's hoping tonight we all sleep well. Even the pets!

No comments:

Post a Comment