sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hands on Daddy

My son (and I) are very lucky to have a hands-on Daddy (hubby).

My husband works with his family and while some of us might cringe at the thought of working with our family, there are many, many perks for my family.

My husband was able to stay in the hospital every minute (except for very brief runs home to let the dogs out) with me when our son was born. Which was a god-send because our son required oxygen his first 3 days and I hurt my back during delivery and was barely able to walk. My husband slept on the recliner next to me for 48 hours, shuttled me to and from the nursery so I could visit with our son, stayed home with me nearly a full week after I was home, and was able to run home to get me things from the kitchen until I was able to walk (nearly a month).

My husband has been to every one of our son's doctor's appointments (even I can't say that). If I forget to pack something in his bag for daycare, my husband can run it over. He's been to every appointment at Sears for pictures.  If I have a conference call for work, my husband takes the baby to work or to Grandmom's house so I can work.

We are super blessed that his schedule is this flexible and accomodating, and that our son can have both parents present for nearly every event.  

No comments:

Post a Comment