sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'll be the first person to preach the importance of positive thinking and the idea that you bring things to yourself and your life by what you think. In short, what you expect is typically what you get. 

I've even asked One Philly Daddy to not say things like "One Philly Son is so great, our second child will be terrible!" and " our luck is bound to change." 

I. Don't. Believe. That. 
And I'm not interested in welcoming negative expectations in my life.

I've seen this in action on both the positive and negative end. Sure, sometimes "life" happens but there seem to be those people who are "lucky" and things go their way (in my experience, they are also seeking a way to find the positive in whatever happens, so which comes first?) and those who are "cursed". You know the ones who "never" catch a break or for whom "everything" goes wrong.

My point is that, poop happens to everyone, but what you do with it, how you think about it, how you think about life and yourself makes a big difference in how happy or unhappy you may be.   

But I have to say, selling our house is putting my positivity to the test!

I'm realistic, but expecting things to work out, and doing everything in my power to make that happen. That means accepting every request to see the house, whether with a week or 10 minutes notice, staging the house, working with a trusted realtor, keeping my house clean, etc. 

But all that doesn't do any good if the people requesting the showing DON'T SHOW UP.

Inhale. Exhale.  

Argh! It has happened to us twice already this week. While I understand life happens and things come up, this really seems disrespectful and rude, on many levels. 

But I'm clinging to positivity. At least trying too. The right buyers will come. Soon. And they will love our house. Our move will go smoothly. We will happily welcome New Philly Daughter to a happy (if not totally unpacked) home.

I'm positively sure about it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment