sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tonight I'm caught thinking about the fragility of life, the ripple effect one small change or event can have.

I adore my son and wish him a happy, secure, successful life full of joy, love and confidence. But I know there will be tears, heartache, pain and hurt.

Part of me has the urge to try to prevent this inevitable pain, but I am forced to admit that my greatest growth and strength came from my times of great pain and turmoil.

So what really is the best thing to do for my son.

For a variety of reasons and circumstances, today was One Philly Son's last day at his day care. A day care he thrived in and loved. A day care I trusted and appreciated.

And I'm afraid the changes may lead down a path I wouldn't choose for my son.

I've lived long enough and through enough to realize that all new beginnings, no matter how wanted and longed for, come with a period of fear and self doubt. That first step down a new path is full of uncertainty, fear, and excitement.

There was a time I feared that those feelings were in some way an indication of the future success or failure of my new path, my new life. But now I know, that it's just life. Making a change probably should come with fear and uncertainty.

I'm ok with being afraid and unsure, but I also plan on feeling hopeful, excited, and looking forward to the coming changes.

So I'm feeling hopeful that this path leads to continued joy and blessings for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment