sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Here we are, a week into the new year already. Does it still feel shiny and new to you?

Nothing really has changed in my life, but the things have been set in motion to bring change in the near future.

And I'm that cool nervous excited for it. I'm about to embark on an entirely new path, one I previously felt I couldn't walk. And now I'm eager for the change. (Don't worry, I'll fill you in when I can.)

I'm sure a part of me is merely romanticizing what life will be like when things change, but I honestly do expect positive change for me and in me. Already I can feel some of the frustration fading. We have two dogs, one whom must be kept on a lead because no matter what alterations we do to the fence, he escapes. Well, on Friday in the midst of a snow storm, he managed to get off his lead and pranced, hopped, ran and gallopped around the yard. One Philly Son was alone in the house but watching through the screen door as I chased after our dog on my slippers (without socks. In the snow. While my son was alone in the house.) A few weeks ago I would've felt frustrated, boxed in and resentful. I would've been harsh with my dog, which always makes our other dog cower. So I would've felt guilty.

All because my plate felt full to brimming and spilling over with obligation and responsibility.

On the day in question, I laughed.

It was funny, afterall, and I now feel my energy, spirit, time and love will be spent in a way that feels worthwhile to me. I felt free to laugh, and roll with the day, rather than weighed down by things. Things that were not serving me, adding to my sense of purpose or joy, or supporting my ideal life. These things remain present, but just the knowledge that I will soon be rid of them was enough to put a smile and a laugh where a scowl and a curse used to live.

I can't think of any better proof that I'm doing the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment