sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Have you noticed you have more energy to take care of what you have to do when you take care of yourself?

This is a lesson I learn and re-learn often, but I just read a Scoutie Girl's blog about fitting in her personal creative projects, not just her work ones. Her goal is to not lose her personal goals in the face of her professional success and abundance.

Which is a very noble cause, in my humble opinion. I'm always impressed by how renewed and energized I feel after I do something for myself. Whether it's yoga, drinks with friends, painting my nails or just catching a chick flick, it almost always works. There was a time I thought of those things as a waste of time, taking me from what I "had" to do.

Actually, the opposite is true, and taking care of me gives me strength and motivation for taking down Christmas decorations, 3 loads of laundry a day, dishes, bath time with One Philly Son and getting myself to work. Of course this means sometimes walking away from something that "has" to be done for something infinitely more important - me.

Don't forget to put some me time on your schedule, you'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment