sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

I am grateful that most of my stresses and worries come from the problem of abundance. (If you are having a hard time seeing the abundance in your life, check this out. A good exercise in perspective.)

Too many choices - work or stay home with kids?, have kids or not? how many?, buy a house?, how big?, where? Public school or private?

Money for necessities and most of my reasonable wants - unlike a lot of people. Whether or not there was going to be food on my table this Thanksgiving was not a question. Neither was the heat.

My family and I are healthy enough that I can take it for granted sometimes, and not eat well or work out.

Free enough to criticize anyone, believe anything, decide what I want to be

I have the luxury of a partner to help, when many do not.

My safety is not a concern, nor the safety of my family.

These are just the biggies, not to mention the apple pie I'll eat on Thursday, the beautiful weather headed our way this week, the new couches I'll be sitting on, etc, etc, etc....

Happy Thanksgiving...

No comments:

Post a Comment