sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Now that I'm a mommy (and loving it!),something peculiar is happening to my body.

My arms, biceps specifically, are strong, tight, maybe even big! And I don't lift! Oh, wait, there is that 22lb squirming bundle of love that I lift, press, dance, swing,and otherwise lug around...I guess that counts!

The belly, however, is getting rounder and softer by the moment. I still fit in my clothes and I've never had "abs" but toned is NOT a word I'd use!

The good and bad news is I'm not really fretting too much. Yes, I know I should be excercising more and eating better. I even want too. But my favorite method of self-motivation used to be self-trashing along the lines of "you are so fat" (I wasn't, I was just mean.) or something along those lines...

So, I'm hunting for a new form of self-motivation. I'm aiming to teach my
kid healthy habits that include excercise, vegetables, AND NO self-trashing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment