sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Change in perspective..

And like the wind changes direction, so does my outlook...

Which can be good or bad. So the work situation I was lamenting yesterday, today seems like a blessing, heaven on earth, I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

Isn't that funny how that can happen sometimes?

Today I attended on off site work meeting and got to work from home in the afternoon. Since this is normally a work from the office day it meant One Philly Son was at day care while I worked. Ironically, I found myself both amazed at how easy it was to focus and get things done, appreciating the relative peace and quiet and also missing him like crazy. I had to fight the urge to pick him up early, just to have him with me. How confusing motherhood can be!

For some reason the total lack of control I have over my work situation seems less horrific today, more manageable, just another of life's mysteries instead of the world on my shoulders.

So I'm going to run with this new sunny outlook for as long as it lasts. Which I'm guessing will be until the next resignation announcement....

No comments:

Post a Comment