sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Best Summer Ever

We are getting ready for the Best Summer Ever!

At least I'm not building it up too much in my mind or anything...

Sunday we went to visit Mermaid Lake, and were pleased to find it doesn't have nearly as many rules as some of the other swim clubs we've looked at. Of course, there are always going to be rules whenever there's a group of people together. Unfortunately, plans need to be made to accommodate for the most irresponsible. But some of the clubs we looked into seemed like it'd be hard to have fun there were so many rules.

Mermaid's rules seemed to be common sense, but flexible. Things like swim diapers and no abandoning your child alone in the pool, not matter how big the floatie. So we're all signed up and ready for a summer of weekends at the pool!

The same weekend the pool opens we have plans for my birthday and Memorial Day with friends.

The first weekend in June we are headed to Wildwood, NJ, our favorite shore town, AND have tickets to a Phillies game.

And all that happens inside a 9 day period!

In other news, I discovered a fabulous thrift shop (and found somethings I've been looking for, for cheap! I wanted a punch bowl for my birthday "celebration" and found a nice glass one, with ladle and 12 cups for $6.00. Yes. $6. If you come to my house, be prepared to have some punch!), and our grass seed (planted the weekend of the stomach flu and stitches) is starting to sprout, and my stitches came out today! What a day! What a summer!

So, with only an ounce of hesitation and caution, we're dubbing this, the Best Summer Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment