sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Taking care of all of "me's"

Today I will be enjoying a mix of experiences. I'll get to be the worker, mommy, friend, and wife today. Which of course I am everyday, but somedays some of those "me's" don't get a lot of attention.

This morning I worked from home, which is working out to be such a blessing. I can spend time with my son, who is luckily a very easy child. I can focus on work. And since I don't have to commute, I get an extra 2 hours in my day. Which means this morning I managed to squeeze in 15 whole minutes of yoga before my son woke up. Still, that's 15 minutes I wouldn't have otherwise had!

And this afternoon friends of ours plan to visit, and we will get to meet their son for the first time. And playdates are always exciting.

This evening One Philly Daddy and I are taking a cooking class at a local cooking studio/catering company, Studio M. We always enjoy doing something a little out of the ordinary together, especially if it means we might learn something (like cooking) that we can share again in the future as well. Tonight's class is Tex-Mex, which inevitably reminds us of our favoritest (yes, I know that's not a real word) vacations in Mexico. As I said a few trips ago "Mexico is good for my soul." So anything that reminds us of that ease and relaxation is a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment