sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy Friday!

And a very happy Friday to you!

I don't know about you, but I am thrilled that it is finally the weekend. This was one of  those weeks that felt like it went on for-e-v-e-r. (Maybe its because we worked a full week and there were no snow days? Shocking!?!)

But now its over and I'm looking forward to a nice weekend. Even better, we've got some great "grown-up" (non-Mommy and Daddy) activities planned. (Don't get me wrong, I adore my son with every fiber that will ever be of my being...)

I have (what a luxury) an appointment for a haircut AND highlights tomorrow...I go to a local Beauty School for my cuts and color, and I've always been pretty lucky with the quality of the cut and color. Its a nice way to "spoil" myself without spending loads of money. Honestly, I think they care more than some of the way over-priced salons I've tried...

Then, we've got a college friend and his wife coming for a visit on Saturday.

We're going to try to cook scallops for a pasta dish. Luckily, my sister-in-law got me a subscription to Real Simple, a super great magazine with lots of real hands-on advice, and there's a great recipe (which we're totally not following) with directions about cooking scallops. There are those friends you only offer  your best dish (which in my case is....grilled cheese? :) and then there are those friends you say to "I've never done this before, but I really want to try, and  think it will be fun!" The friends coming tomorrow are definitely the latter. And if we mess up, we've got 4 frozen pizzas, so no one goes hungry!

And Sunday, dinner in the city and a concert at Tin Angel, an awesome, awesome, awesome place for dinner and a show - super great food downstairs at Serrano and then a concert to see Laura Tsaggaris at Tin Angel.

Fair warning - come Monday, I'll probably be complaining (ok, call it what it is, bitching....) that my house is a mess and I haven't finished the laundry, BUT this weekend is gonna be GREAT!

Have a great weekend out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment