sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Monday, March 29, 2010

Committed to EA Sports Active

So I see its been awhile since I wrote. Which has me thinking about commitment and dedication.

Why is it so easy to let life fill up our plates with things that don't make us happy, and easy to let go of those things that do make us happy.

A great example for me is working out. Ok, I don't "like" to work out, but when I do I know that I sleep better, am more alert and awake, focus better and am in a better mood.

And yet, when I am tired or busy or life just gets in the way, working out is the first thing to go.

Of course I know the reasons for working out: staying healthy and not having to take a handful of pills everyday, not "outgrowing" my wardrobe and having a purchase a new one, and then the above mentioned sleeping and thinking better.

And yet, its the first to go when life gets complicated.

So I'm re-committing to working out and blogging.

We have EA Sports Active for Wii, which I love, so I'm signing up for another 30 day challenge. I can pick the length and intensity of the workout I want, and the system automatically picks a series of excercises for me. On days I'm pressed for time, I can opt out of some of the excercises, though of course the goal is to not do that!

The workouts are a mix of cardio and resistance training, using the included leg band and resistance band. I gotta say, it was a great help in getting (almost) back into shape after having my son, and now that swimsuit season is (again, almost) upon us, I guess I should finish that "getting back into shape" stuff!

Maybe my committment to working out will increase my committment to blogging too!

No comments:

Post a Comment