sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Friday, March 19, 2010

Childhood Milestones

Today, One Philly Son started cutting his first tooth!

Of course, he had some of the normal fussiness, but it caused me to experience something I've experienced repeatedly since he was born.

You know that saying "my life flashed before my eyes"?

Well, sometimes my son's life flashes before my eyes.

In the most amazing, wonderful, bittersweet flash, I can see his first step, first grade, first tee ball game, first dance, first love, first heartbreak.....

And I am humbled and honored to have the privelage to go along with him on his journey.

I consider myself his guide, his protector, his teacher, his safe place, and it is a job I take seriously, even though I plan to have lots of love, and laughter, and joy in our life as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment