sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Monday, January 25, 2010

Who is One Philly Mommy?

Hello world, One Philly Mommy here. I’m a working mommy to one human baby and three fur babies – one cat, two dogs. My husband and I live near Philadelphia and at the start of this blog I'm only back to work a few months.

As I returned to work and struggled to make life what it once was, it slowly dawned on me that life is different now, no longer what it once was (that may be obvious to some of you, but it took awhile to sink in). So maybe all that effort to be who and what I once was should be redirected. Redirected perhaps into sharing my journey and trying to make sense of this new life we share with our son.

I aim to use this blog to share my thoughts as I learn more about who I am as a Mommy and what that does to the rest of me. I’ll be posting ideas I have about my challenges and victories (may there be more victories than challenges!). How does one juggle work and marriage and friends and baby and (gasp!) working out and..and..and….? Is it possible to nurse, type with one hand, open the door to let the dogs out, answer the phone and STILL sound professional? Is it even worth trying? Is there anything more satisfying than a perfect smile from your baby?

I’ll probably be bragging on some pretty cool devices I’ve encountered in this Mommy-world (I KNOW no one was teaching ME sign language at the ripe old age of 6 months!). I might whine from time to time and beg someone in the world out there to say those blessed words: “You are not alone in this!” Maybe once in awhile I’ll be that voice for someone else.

I’ll try to share the many amazing joys of motherhood and the progress I’m making as I try to balance the worker-mom-wife-daughter-friend-sisterness of myself.

I'm no June Beaver, I'm no Octo-Mom, I'm just One Philly Mommy, finding my way in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment