sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Thursday, January 28, 2010

I had a great day!

Today was one of those fabulous, wonderful days when everything seems to go right.

I didn't sleep well, so I wasn't expecting much from today, just sort of to get through it. (And maybe that is the secret, low expectations and all...) But it was only of those days when you feel pretty and smart and kind and capable and strong and that you are "on the right path." One of those fabulous days when even the annoying, "bad" things don't seem so bad.

This morning my son sneezed an entire mouth full of milk all over me and my big-city work outfit. I thought it was adorable!

Today at daycare my son had a messy diaper and they sent home a triple bagged soaking wet outfit, that still managed to leak all over the diaper bag. No big deal!

We all made it out the door on time, dressed, with everything we needed for our days! I felt on top of all my tasks at work and even fit in a work out this evening!

These days don't happen enough and are slighty addictive. This is how I'm "supposed" to feel, this is how well I "should" handle life. Of course that's not true or even probably a very good idea. Those icky days are the ones that make the ones like today feel like pure gold.

Unfortunately, my husband had one of those icky days when you don't feel well, the doctor calls in your second prescription for your strep throat to the wrong pharmacy, the pharmacy inexplicably provides only half the prescription and you just feel like poop.

So right now, my hubby's fast asleep in bed, and here's hoping tomorrow is one of those golden, glorious days for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment