sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Friday, April 12, 2013

"He makes me laugh"

I think One Philly Daddy is funny. He says I'm easily amused.

We're a good match like that.

Have you ever seen "Roger Rabbit"? I remember the scene when Jessica Rabbit is asked why she's with Roger, a goofy rabbit, and she answers "he makes me laugh" in that sultry voice.

That has stuck with me - as a reminder that the reasons of love may not be obvious from the outside looking in, that what a person needs and wants in a partner may not be what is expected. And that joy and laughter will end up being more valuable than looks or money.

One Philly Daddy is crossing something off his bucket list, and took a stand up comedy class at a local theater. He's been writing and asking me "is this funny?" for weeks. He's taking his funny business seriously.

The class culminates with a showcase of performances by the class for friends and family.

I can't wait to see him perform.

No matter how it goes I'm proud of him for doing something he's always wanted to do, impressed by his dedication and work, and inspired to do the same with my dreams.

Knock 'em dead babe, they'll be rolling in the aisles.

No comments:

Post a Comment