sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm really big time now!

I'm about to get my corner office and a parking space with my name on it. 

Many of my dreams are quite nearly filled: healthy family, great marriage, ability to take care of my family, sense of fulfillment. About the only thing missing is the bi-weekly PTA meeting. 

I'm wildly blessed to be so near accomplishing so much so soon. There was a time any and all of these goals and dreams seemed impossibly out of reach. These dreams were no less lofty than a Nobel prize, Oscar, Emmy or President to me. Not once did I suppose these dreams were "settling" or doing what I was "supposed" to do. And I still don't. To accomplish the family and life I have took a tremendous amount of work, education, practice, self-awareness and effort. I'm very proud of what I've accomplished and those accompanying me in my journey. 

And I'm sort of excited for the next step too. 

The next step is unplanned, uncertain, wide open. Yes, I'll raise my children, date my husband, and put my all into it and love every second of it. My goals of being a great, loving wife, Mom, sister and friend remain. 

But the rest is a blank canvas. Job, career, self improvement. Where will I go? What will I learn? Who will I meet? 

I can't wait for adventures with my family. Seeing the world, growing together, learning about each other, ourselves. 

I expect I'll find causes to be passionate about. I anticipate finding something in the professional world that I can pour myself into and succeed. I can see us sharing vacations around the world, enjoying each other as we explore. And I can't wait. 

I may be at the end of this portion of my life's "to-do" list and have a great sense of peace and accomplishment.  I also have a sense of newness and excitement and anticipation for the next phase too.

Who knows what it will bring?

    

No comments:

Post a Comment