sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Well, its been posted on Facebook, so it must be real.

We're expecting a new little bundle of joy in late January.

Pregnancy the second time around is a little different. For one thing, I know what's coming, so when the nausea starts to subside, I know its only a matter of time until the heartburn begins. I know I'm running to the bathroom a lot now, but this is nothing compared to how I will feel in December. Some women pull off pregnancy with grace and style. I am not one of them. I feel possessed, that my body is not my own.

And yet.

It's awesome.

One Philly Daddy has been stellarly amazing and helpful. I am blessed to have such an understanding and supportive partner. But I'm kind of eager to get back to having some energy and motivation of my own. Pregnancy tends to fog my brain, and I have a hard time remembering why I walked from one room to the next. 24 hours a day. 7 days a week. Luckily I anticipate getting some of  that brain power back in a few weeks.

One Philly Son has been making incredible strides with letters and vocabulary. I'm in constant awe of this little person emerging before my eyes. I'm eager to see him in the new role of big brother.

The discomfort I feel is temporary. The love and joy to be added to my family is forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment