sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The things I love for real...

And despite all the things I "love" about pregnancy, there are a few that I really do love:

I love that, not once, has One Philly Daddy asked when I'm going to pick up, vacuumn, do laundry, start cooking dinner again.

I love that we have a yard that One Philly Son loves to play in and explore.

I love that I able to stay home without causing major financial headaches for us. This means that when One Philly Son sleeps in until 9, we can let him. This means One Philly Daddy can fit in almost an hour work out most mornings of the week, without having to get up at 5am and without having to coordinate two professional outfits, lunches, commutes and a daycare drop off. This also means if One Philly Son is sick, we don't have to debate who's day at work is more important.

I love that I can nap or do yoga or do nothing while One Philly Son naps each day.

I love that our house feels like a home. I love that it is a home full of laughter, love, tickles and giggles. I love that we are creating a safe, trusting environment for our family.

I love that One Philly Daddy is in the best shape of his life and only getting better.

I love that we are in the same page about big picture stuff like religion, money, wills, discipline, etc.

I love that, on sleepless nights, if I move through a few yoga poses in my mind, I can usually fall right to sleep.

I love that we're preparing to welcome another member to our family.

I love that we all have our health.

I love that, soon, I'll be able to feel this baby kick and have "proof" that s/he is in there.

I love that 99% of the things I worry about don't come true.

I love that One Philly Son is eager and excited by numbers and letters, books, blocks and trucks. I love that he'll soon move to a big boy room and bed.

I love that our family will take one more trip to the shore before this summer is over.

I love that, in many ways, I'm living my fairytale.

I bet even princesses in fairy tales sometimes complain about the castle and glass slippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment