sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Monday, May 16, 2011

What. a. Day.

And that's not to say that it was bad, not in the slightest. It was a great day, full of fun and laughter and a few firsts for One Philly Son.

One Philly Daddy had attended a golf outing today, so I was Solo Mommy today, and of course, I decided to get a lot done.

This morning I put away our winter coats, since we have a coat rack rather than a closet, this is important. At the very least, a rack of winter coats in the middle of July is annoying.

One Philly Son and I went to the Little Treehouse in Chestnut Hill for about 3 hours this morning. It was too yucky to play outside, and I didn't want to be trapped in the house. One Philly Son fell asleep on the ride over, but was absolutely filled with glee and joy when he woke up at the Treehouse. He chattered eagerly to me for minutes and I'm just sure he was saying "oh my gosh, oh my gosh, I didn't know we were coming here! Can you believe it! Look at the slide! The blocks! The books! Wow-o-wow! Hoooray!" At least, that's what it sounded like to me...

He napped when we got back, around 1, and I took the opportunity to wash the kitchen and bathroom towels (separately of course)  and mop the floors. Not Swiffer, but bucket of hot water and PineSol mop the floors. Our room and One Philly Son's are the only ones with carpet in the whole house, so this was an undertaking. Not sure what possessed me, but these floors needed a cleaning!

In a magical moment of timing, One Philly Son woke up just as I was finishing. Phew.

We went for a walk, got some ice cream. Came home and he ate dinner. Since One Philly Daddy would be home late, I wanted to get One Philly Son bathed and ready for bed so that any time they had together tonight could be fun play time instead of bath time. (Which is also fun, but not the quality time I hoped to provide.)

Post-bath One Philly Son made what is swiftly becoming his most common and urgent plea "ELMO????" (As a matter of fact, this is also becoming the last and first word of his days.)

We'd had a plenty active day, so I was ok with a little Elmo. So I placed him on my bed, turned on the TV and Tivo and went to fetch his diaper and pj's. Ppsssssssssssssssssssssss.

DRAT!!!!

Yep, he tinkled on my quilt. Luckily its the winter quilt. Its starting to get too warm to use it and I was waiting for just the right moment to wash it. MOMENT FOUND!

Since our washer isn't large enough, this meant One Philly Son and I (after I managed to wipe the pee of his mostly clean body, applied his diaper and removed the pee quilt from my bed) took a little field trip to the local laundromat.

He was quite the trooper, fascinated with the washers and dryers and walking the stairs outside the laundromat over and over and over again. He charmed everyone there and took it all in stride.

One Philly Daddy arrived at home a mere 10 minutes after we did.

Phew! I am beat! What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment