sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Self control

Sometimes self control is important for honoring and respecting another person.

Ugh.

My sister/best friend had a baby Saturday, 15 full minutes before Mother's Day. She had a beautiful daughter, and went home yesterday. Aside from the appropriate exhaustion, everyone is great.

I injured my back during delivery, so the first few weeks home with One Philly Son are a blur, but I remember they were busy, full of wonder, and the creation of the bonds of our family.

So I want to honor and respect this new family and their time.

BUT I also want to call 5 times a day to ask what the baby did, how she slept, if they slept last night, how much she eats, if she coos yet, if her thumb finds it's way to her mouth, and on and on. Wahhhhhh! That's me, not the baby.

Wah!!!!!!! I want baby time!!!!!!!!

Maybe soon....for now, I'll just give One Philly Son some extra love. He'll love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment