sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sigh. Scary stuff.

Today, we applied for life insurance. In my mind this is a simple, essential way to take care of my family in the heart-wrenching case that I'm not here to do it myself.

Of course, that's always the reality, no one lives forever, I'm just more aware if it today.

I've never given death much thought. It happens, and I hope mine is as late and dignified as possible.

The difference now is that I have a family I love more than the air I breathe, the ground I walk on. Death doesn't particularly scare me, but not being with my family does.

With a little luck, some smart decisions and being blessed more than I already am, I won't have to worry about that for a long, long, long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment