sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What does a "great day" mean to you?

I am currently having a great evening, though it might not seem great to all people.

I filled One Philly Son's bath tub extra high (don't worry, I was extra careful) in an effort to give him some practice for our summer pool plans. I wanted him to splash and laugh and have a good time. I wanted him to be comfortable in the water when we took him to the pool. And boy did we have fun! It took him a little extra time to be comfortable, but once he figured out what all this extra water could do, wow! We splashed, we laughed, we splashed some more. By the end of bath, he was laughing even when the water splashed right in his face. Who knows if this will actually lead to a positive pool experience for him, but at least we had fun tonight.

I guess the bath tired him out, because he fell asleep nearly 45 minutes early.

Since One Philly Daddy is out at Happy Hour with some friends (his idea of a great night), I am camped out in bed, with the laptop, a bag of microwave popcorn, the remote and some TIVO'd shows I wanted to catch up on. I'm sitting around in my robe, watching some sappy TV (right now Brothers and Sisters), eating not-good-for-me food.

Clearly, this is not something I can do every night, but this is good for me, rejuvenates me. Which is good because I've got a crazy busy weekend ahead of me!

But this is what a great day looks like for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment