sky's the limit

sky's the limit
"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?" - Rumi

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Difficult day working from home

or
I hate my dogs

So today was not the best day, though certainly not the worst day either.

I couldn't fall asleep until about 12, then woke up at 3 am thinking it was time to be up.
My son was up a few times in the night, still working through his messed up sleep from our trip.

I didn't wake up this morning early enough to work out before my son wanted to nurse.

The dog ate my chapstick.

My son had a new-to-solid-food poop so big I had to leave him strapped, diaperless, to the changing table while I frantically searched for more wipes.

Then the dog ate the container I'd been keeping the wipes in.

I had a conference call at 1 today, so my husband took our son to his office with him (one of the many, many perks of working for family). We were in full compliance with my work-from-home agreement, so I was feeling like we were managing to keep all our ducks in a row, plates twirling, and balls in the air. (I haven't had much sleep, forgive me...)

I can't leave the dogs in the yard since our newest dog (also the one who eats chapstick and wipes container) is also becoming a world champ fence jumper. So I had the dogs in the house, hid all the toys the fight over and settled in for my conference call.

And then...

in the middle of the conference call...

with my new boss....

the dogs found one of the bones I didn't locate...

and went ape-s**t.

Right under my feet.

I apologized, muted my phone, hid from the dogs in the staircase.

Unmuted myself.

Got followed by the dogs.

Hid in the bedroom.

Silently cursed the dogs whining and scratching at the bedroom door.

Tried really hard to sound cool, collected, and professional.

After the call, I emailed everyone on the call, luckily just internal staff, and apologized for my dogs.

The new boss has not replied yet.

Argh.

My son continued to be alternately charming and screaming insanely at me the rest of the afternoon, still not able to get back into his nap routine. He'd fall asleep for 10 minutes and wake up screaming bloody murder.

So, I'm relieved the day is over.

Hope your day was better than mine, and tomorrow's better than today!

No comments:

Post a Comment